Wednesday, March 4, 2009

So... Its been a while. The last time I blogged there was just around 100 days left until graduation, and now we're down to about 75. I can't even believe how quickly the time is flying by! The senior class held an event at a bar in Faneuil Hall - McFadden's - last Thursday to celebrate the last 100 days of . It was such a fun time! A lot of people were able to hang out with current friends while catching up with old friends - friends from living in the dorms, friends from a course taken freshmen year, former coworkers, or whatever. And there was such an eclectic group of people there; it was definitely refreshing to see some new faces at a Suffolk event. This was the first Suffolk event that my friend Kelly's boyfriend had ever attended, and he was amazed that the unique vibe we had within our student population. He said, "Wow... I had no idea that so many different types of people go to Suffolk." Its absolutely so true; we have so many types of people here and the diversity of the student body really adds something to our campus - both in- and outside of the classroom. Anyway, it was such a great time, and I'm so excited for the rest of the "Senior Week" celebrations!

I also have some exciting updates for my graduate school applications: I was accepted into one of the programs I applied to at Tufts!! : ) I'm so pumped... I got accepted into their M.A. - Child Development program, and I have an interview this Saturday for their M.Ed. - School Psychology program. I also have an interview at Columbia University's Teachers College next Wednesday! Needless to say, I'm really nervous about the interviews. I mean, I was accepted into a program for next year so I have a definite plan to continue my education in the fall and therefore should feel a bit relieved about everything, but I'm still freaking out. Its funny, I tell prospective students on my tours that I know how anxious they are about college because I'm in the same boat. I absolutely know how you guys feel; its a bit overwhelming, but as someone who has gone through my undergraduate years, I can assure you that its well-worth the hard work and stress it takes to get to college.

Well, anyways... I guess that's enough "college wisdom" for now... Haha Catch ya next week! Peace and Love : )

No comments: